Michigan Immigration Attorneys
We're Here to Hear Your Story.

Professional Immigration Help in Michigan

Handling Immigration Issues for Clients Worldwide

With more than 70 years of experience, the team of immigration attorneys at Brown Immigration Law is well-equipped to help you navigate a wide array of immigration issues. Led by Partners Robert L. Brown, Aleksandar Cuic, and Rishi P. Oza, our Michigan-based immigration lawyers have helped clients from all walks of life navigate the United States immigration system.

Whether you need to secure an employment-based non-permanent resident visa, wish to bring your fiancé(e) to join you in the U.S., or are facing deportation, we can help you fully understand all of your options. We look for creative solutions for individuals, families, employees, and employers and our commitment to excellence has earned our attorneys recognition from prestigious legal organizations like Martindale-Hubbell® and Super Lawyers®.

Schedule an appointment with an immigration attorney today! Call (248) 232-2559 or submit an online contact request.

Types of Michigan Immigration Cases We Take

At Brown Immigration Law, we use our in-depth understanding of U.S. immigration law and meticulous case preparation to help our clients navigate all types of immigration-related issues in Michigan.

Our team can assist you with any of the following:

  • I-9 Compliance – Businesses are required to prove the identity and employment authorization of all employees using the I-9 Form. Failure to comply with I-9 procedures can result in serious penalties. Our firm can help you ensure that your business takes all of the necessary steps to remain I-9 compliant.
  • Employment-Based Non-Permanent Residence – Individuals wishing to reside and work in the United States on a temporary basis may apply for a variety of visas, including B-1, E-1 and E-2, F-1, H, I, J, L, O, P, Q, R-1, and TN/NAFTA visas. We can help you determine which option suits your situation and can assist you in the visa application process.
  • Employment-Based Permanent Residence – U.S. businesses that intend to hire foreign nationals must adhere to strict legal requirements. Immigrant employees may apply for one of five different types of visas: the EB-1 priority worker visa, the EB-2, EB-3, EB-4, or EB-5 visa.
  • Removal (Deportation and Exclusion) – Deportation/removal orders should be taken very seriously. If you or your loved one has received a notice to appear at a removal hearing, contact our firm right away. Our attorneys can help you pursue all available deportation defense strategies and can assist you if your loved one has been detained by ICE.
  • Family-Based Immigration – U.S. citizens can help foreign family members legally enter and remain in the country through various channels, including green cards and K-1 fiancé(e) visas. Our team can help you understand your options for family-based immigration.
  • Naturalization – Eligible individuals may apply for U.S. citizenship through naturalization. Additionally, children of U.S. citizens may qualify for naturalization if they meet the various application requirements.
  • Asylum – You may qualify for asylum in the U.S. if you face persecution in your home country on the basis of race, religion, nationality, political affiliation/preference, or membership in a certain social group. Asylum seekers may also be able to bring spouses and/or children. Contact our firm to learn more.
  • Other Non-Immigrant Visas – In addition to employment- and family-based visas, our attorneys can assist you with a variety of non-immigrant visas, including tourist visas, student visas, athlete visas, business visitor visas, and more.
  • Adjustment of Status – Our firm can assist you in applying for lawful permanent residence via adjustment of status. Also known as applying for a Green Card, adjustment of status typically does not require you to return to your home country in order to complete the visa process.
  • Bars to Returning to the U.S. – If you or your loved one has been removed from the U.S. due to illegal entry or unlawful presence, there will likely be a waiting period of 3 or 10 years (depending on the circumstances of removal) until reentry is allowed. In certain cases, an individual may be permanently barred from returning to the U.S.
  • Employment Authorization – If you are not a lawful permanent resident or citizen of the U.S., you may need to apply for employment authorization in order to work. Our firm can assist you with this process, including the completion and filing of the Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
  • Consular Processing – Individuals residing outside of the U.S. who have had their immigrant petition approved may apply for lawful permanent residence (a Green Card) through consular processing. The individual will need to complete this process at a U.S. Department of State consulate in their home country/current country of residence.
award-winning legal service Dedicated representaiton

Regardless of the immigration issue you are facing, our firm is here to provide you with the information and guidance you need. We work efficiently to find innovative, timely solutions for our clients, providing personalized, compassionate counsel and dedicated legal advocacy every step of the way.

Schedule an appointment to speak with one of our Southfield immigration attorneys. Contact us online or by phone at (248) 232-2559 today!

We Help People of all Backgrounds

  • Over 70 Years of Combined Experience
  • Attentive & Responsive Legal Care
  • Specific Focus on Immigration Law
  • Dedicated to Securing Your Future